San Diego Comic-Con is right around the corner, and Blizzard Entertainment has announced it has a few plans in store for both inside and outside the convention center. Inside the convention center, Blizzard will be selling Comic-Con exclusive items at the Blizzard booth and hosting two panels.
To celebrate the recent announcement of the Hearthstone video game expansion, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Blizzard will be bringing cool Knights of the Frozen Throne-themed events to this year’s San Diego Comic-Con from July 20-July 23.
On Saturday, July 22nd, Blizzard is taking over Knotty Barre (844 Market St, San Diego, CA 92101) and transforming it into a Hearthstone Tavern complete with complimentary food, drinks and a variety of games to play.
In addition to the Hearthstone Tavern event from July 20-23, Blizzard will also be hosting an Ice Cream Citadel over at Petco Park. Visitors will be able to keep cool as Blizzard will provide free ice cream in two flavors: “Villain-illa” and “Scourgeberry Sorbet,” as they get a chance to meet Blizzard’s most infamous villain, The Lich King, on his Frozen Throne. In partnership with Yelp, Blizzard has also created a Yelp business page for the pop-up, titled “The Lich King’s Ice Cream Citadel,” where users can rate, review, and post photos of their experience.
Also from July 20-22, take a ride on the comfortable Lich King-themed pedicab that can get you from the convention center to any of the Blizzard’s events. Best of all, you don’t need a San Diego Comic-Con badge to enjoy the festivities.
Knights of the Frozen Throne Pedicab
Thursday, July 20 – Saturday, July 22
- WHERE: San Diego Convention Center (Lobby C and Lobby F) to Ice Cream Citadel (Petco Park) and the Blizzard Tavern (Knotty Barrel, 844 Market St, San Diego, CA 92101)
- Thursday, July 20: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. PT
- Friday, July 21: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. PT
- Saturday, July 22: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. PT (will take riders to the Blizzard Tavern)
- WHAT: Catch a ride on Hearthstone’s Knights of the Frozen Throne pedicab from the convention center to the villain Lich King’s Ice Cream Citadel and Blizzard Tavern (Saturday only).
Ice Cream Citadel
Thursday, July 20 – Sunday, July 23
- WHERE: Petco Park, 100 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101 (right across from the San Diego Convention Center)
- WHEN: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. PT (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. PT on Sunday only)
- WHAT: The villainous Lich King’s Ice Crown Citadel is now the Ice Cream Citadel! Enjoy free liquid nitrogen ice cream and take pictures with Blizzard’s most infamous villain, The Lich King on his Frozen Throne.
The Lich King’s Frozen Throne; meet cosplayer Jessica Nigri dressed up as the Lich King’s pet dragon, Sindagrossa, for a photo op on Thursday, 7/20 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. PT
Saturday, July 22
- WHERE: Knotty Barrel, 844 Market St, San Diego, CA 92101
- WHEN: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. PT
- WHAT: Join Blizzard for complimentary food, drinks, a variety of games, including Hearthstone’s Tavern Brawl and corn hole.
Photo ops with Hearthstone esports team, Tempo Storm; Lich King’s Frozen Thrown; and his pet dragon, Sindagrossa, modeled by cosplayer Jessica Nigri.
The post Blizzard invades San Diego Comic-Con with events and free ice cream appeared first on Nerd Reactor.
from Nerd Reactor
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2vx9Ld9